Last Day to Register for Gifted & Talented Exam
Gifted & Talented (G&T) programs are one way the NYC Department of Education supports the needs of exceptional students. G&T programs aim to deliver accelerated, rigorous, and specialized instruction, aligned to Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS)
. New York City students who are entering kindergarten through 3rd grade are eligible to participate in G&T Admissions. Children must pass an assessment to be eligible to apply to G&T programs. Please use the steps below to guide you through the process:
1. Apply for testing by completing a Request For Testing (RFT) form.
2. Take the test on the test date that you are given.
3. Receive notice of eligibility in April
4. Apply to G&T programs, if eligibleThere are two types of G&T programs:
1. District G&T programs are in district elementary schools. They begin in kindergarten and end in the school’s terminal grade.2. There are also Citywide programs that equally students from all boroughs without district-based priority.
For more information on the exam, and the process visit:NYC.gov