The Head Teacher is responsible for the overall supervision and management of a safe, developmentally appropriate preschool classroom. You will be part of a team of professionals dedicated to the education of young children. As a team leader, the Head Teacher is responsible for curriculum implementation, staff supervision and training, parent involvement, and ensuring compliance with city and state regulatory agencies.
- BA degree in Education or related field, Early Childhood Education or Master’s degree preferred
- Master Degree IN PROGRESS toward **NYS Teacher Certification Birth to 6 ***
- Working Experience with children Birth to 6 years
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be flexible, reliable, and punctual.
- Must be creative, experience with music, drama, art or dance a big plus.
- Must be friendly, lighthearted and self- motivated.
- Must always be upbeat.
- Must be finger printed by the Dept. of Investigation (DOI).
- Must be able to provide three written references.
- Must be able to keep a clean, neatly organized environment.
- Willingness to maintain certification in infant/child CPR and first aid